Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deathbladez118's Resistance Application

2 posters

Go down

Deathbladez118's Resistance Application Empty Deathbladez118's Resistance Application

Post  Deathbladez118 Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:42 pm

OOC Section:
Steam Name: Deathbladez118
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:31240693
Why do you want to join? (2-4 Sentences please): I wish to join the resistance because resistance Rp has many things that normal Citizen rp and combine rp doesn't have, like having to hide your life as a resistance member and having to sneak around restricted areas to get the resistances base. Also I like the fact you're not going into every situation knowing there is a serious chance that it can be your last, making you always on edge that your next move could be your last.

Are you aware of S2M? What is it?: I am aware of Shoot to miss. It is where you in a firefight you purposely miss your opponents to make firefights more realistic as most of the people involved are not trained soldiers icly and to increase the amount of rp that can be done in a battle, because running into a battle and being instantly killed doesn't make for good roleplay, but having a long gunfight with lots of /mes and injury rp (e.g a resistance squad being pinned down by CCA officers.) Makes for more enjoyable roleplay for everyone.

What is S2K?: How hard is it to survive in District 5? (5 Sentences with 10 words each at least): Shoot to kill is what it says on the tin, It is when you shoot someone with the purpose of hitting and killing them. This cannot be done without rp as otherwise people would go around killing each other and it would be more like a deathmatch then a roleplaying server, a good example of this is amputations by the combine. It is very hard to survive in district 5 because firstly there is left abandoned by the combine so there is very little food or water to eat and drink to stay alive. Secondly the combine will shoot people on sight in there and when they do enter they search the area very thoroughly and try not to leave any stone upturned in their search for the resistance. It is always best to hide from the combine when there as if they don't kill you the will capture you and torture you until you give up information on the resistance or until you die.

An example of PassiveRP please in Resistance life (Must be 10-20 lines of /me's and /it's):
It is a rainy night outside, You are walking though an abandoned building which houses the Resistance HQ

Alex Lyons: Walks up to the basement door, Looking around and listening for footsteps to ensure he wasn't followed before opening the door very carefully.

Resistance member: After seeing the door start to open, he lifts his weapon towards the door. Unsure what is on the other side.

Alex Lyons: Hearing the gun being raised up, says "It's me Alex." not to loudly so that the resistance member on the other side can hear it but not to loud that others can hear it, before finishing to open the door and keeps his hands in plan sight.

Resistance member: Says "Oh it's only you Alex. Don't try sneak in like that, I could have shot you." before holstering his weapon.

Alex Lyons: Says "Sorry, I was trying to be a quiet as possible to ensure no-one who could betray us can find this place. I'll be downstairs if anything happens." before starting to walk down the stairs to the basement.

Resistance member: Says "Ok, I'll See you later." Before re-assuming his guard position.

Alex Lyons: Says "See you in the morning." While climbing down the stairs.

Alex Lyons: As he gets to the bottom of the stairs he notices that everyone has already retired to sleep for the night so he carefully walks to his own bed trying not to wake the sleeping rebels.

Alex Lyons: When he gets to his bed he takes his Messenger bag off from around his shoulder and hangs it up on the corner of his bed. Then grabs the book of loose sheets of paper he calls a Journal.

Alex Lyons: Sits down on his bed before pulling an old photo of his Family. Looking at it while thinking about the world him and his sister were thrown into after the war and about days gone by. A tear falls down on the picture before he puts it back.

Alex Lyons: Leans over to his bag and opens it. Pulling out a piece of paper and a pen before closing it and sitting back on the bed. He takes the lid off his pen before writing about the days events on the piece of paper.

Alex Lyons: After finishing his journal entry he puts it at the back of his journal before closing it and placing it back under the bed. He then lays down and looks at the ceiling before after a while finally drifting off to sleep.

IC Section:

Character Name: Alex Lyons.

Your reason to join the Resistance (10 sentences with atleast 10 words each):
My name is Alexander Lyons although I just go by Alex nowadays to make it easier to deal with the combine. When I was growing up before the war, I lived in the small dock town of Grimsby in what was once the country of England. It wasn't the best place to live but I had a loving family and great friends and life was good back then. My parents always provided for us and my brother and sister where always supportive and we always helped each other when we needed it. My family always saw me as the smart one so the pressure was always on for me at school and college. By the time of the Seven hour war, I had almost finished my time at college and in a few months would have been moving to the university at Leeds, my brother had joined the army about 2 years before and was the Lance corporal at the time and my sister was starting to sit some of her GCSEs. It all started as a normal day, my parents had all left for work and me and my sister was about to leave for school and Sixth form when it started. I was grabbing my bag when a strange screeching noise temporally deafening me, followed by what felt like something huge hitting the house. I quickly ran to the window and saw a field of blue waves of energy, reeking havoc destroying cars, windows and even old buildings as it traveled, the Screeching noise following it. I quickly ran downstairs to make sure my sister was ok, thankfully she was I wasn't sure the same was true for my parents though as power, and any kind of telecommunications were knocked out by it. We looked out the window and where shocked by what we saw. It looked like most of the town was on fire from the burning cars and petrol stations, Everyone was panicking trying save people trapped in cars and trying to get out of the town. Me and my sister ran out the back exit to get to the alleyways and escape that way. In the back garden, we saw what I can only describe as a giant tornado of light coming out of the ground into the sky. I cannot remember much after that accept the sound of artillery and blacking out. I woke up the next day in the old bunker in the beach with my sister and a small group of survivors. My sister and one of the survivors brought me up to speed with what had happened about the Seven hour war and the fact these creatures had suddenly changed from killing everyone to capturing them. We decided that we should see if the coast was clear to check for supplies. I went up to the look out area to see if they where still around. What I saw was the smoldering ruins of Grimsby, the fires from the day before had burnt out and the few fires that remained looks quite small. Then what looked like an alien Dropship landed and terrifying machine-alien hybrids climbed out and fired some kind of stun weapon at us all. We awoke on a train to City 8. I was left with my clothes and my bag with a Journal I was using as college work. I lived there for 2 years, looking after my sister, also keeping a hidden journal of the horrors that the Combine did to us for future generations and to make sure my writing skills didn't deteriorate so I would be able to write about the day we regained our freedom and life started to go back to normal. After that I was relocated away from my sister to city 18 where I stayed for about a year. It made City 8 look like heaven, It was hell there the combine would beat you for the just running. My journal was kept full by what was happening on a daily basis. After a fire broke out and the combine evacuated us all to city 23. Though here, I want to help by standing on the frontlines, not sitting on the sidelines just recording what is happening. I will help bring the world me and my sister knew, even if I die fighting for it.

What will you do if a CCA approaches you, but you are armed? (Remember there is S2M Rules):
Well If I was far enough away I would rp trying to run away and if that failed I would try fire my gun near him to try cause him to take cover and buy myself sometime to run, once I got away I would take a route though buildings and alleyways to try lose their trail before hiding somewhere safe. If they where too close to try run away depending on the rank I would try knock a lower rank unit down so i could buy sometime to run before he could call for back up, though if it was a higher rank I wouldn't be able to do much since he would have superior hand-to-hand combat and armed combat skills.

You agree that:

You are not a cocky little wannabe. Yes, I agree to this.
You are in it to help the citizens not kill CCA. Yes, I agree to this.
Fear the OTA, they are built to kill. Hide from them if they come for you. Run if you have the chance. Yes, I agree to this.
You will follow your leaders orders. Yes, I agree to this.
You will not support the CCA whatsoever (If you are killed for this it will be Perma-Kill) Yes, I agree to this.
Executions within Resistance are Perma-Kills. Yes, I agree to this.

Sign your name here: I, Alex Lyons now give your heart and brains to the Resistance to help maintain a better good.

Edit: Fixed some grammar mistakes I have made in the application

Last edited by Deathbladez118 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Deathbladez118

Back to top Go down

Deathbladez118's Resistance Application Empty Re: Deathbladez118's Resistance Application

Post  Stealthkibbler Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Good Backstory, Nice RP Example. A few things I am concerned about, such as your grammar, I have never seen you RP ingame aswell.

Accepted

Accepted. Wait patiently and you will be brought into the brethren.

Stealthkibbler
Co-Owner(s)
Co-Owner(s)

Back to top Go down